This week’s round up includes a focus on funding…
- Member request
Does anyone know of a good payroll system? One of our members is looking for a complete software system from when staff check in through finger / biometrics right through to payroll, to minimise manual work and preparation of payroll, effectively producing reports and generating payslips. If you have a system that does all of this and happy to share, please contact email@example.com. Many thanks.
- Call for evidence section 75 review (NHS Act 2006)
The RCPA encourages members to take part in a govt survey which is looking at widening the scope of partnership around pooled funding and how this is spent. (BCF and pooled funding to help with discharges etc), or even if you don’t have time to complete, just to be aware. We think it’s significant and would be good to have multiple responses from Somerset. The RCPA is completing the survey, but it’s important to have individual provider perspective. The remit of call for evidence:
In the integration white paper the govt committed to review section 75 of the NHS Act 2006 to support further use of pooled budgets. Therefore, seeking your views on:
- whether the scope of section 75 should be widened to include:
- additional health-related functions of local authorities and NHS bodies
- additional public health functions delegated to local authorities and NHS bodies by the Secretary of State
- a wider range of organisations that can enter into arrangements under section 75
- any perceived barriers to pooling of budgets and whether the regulations could be simplified to facilitate easier use and reduce the administrative burden on NHS bodies and local authorities
- how we could strengthen and/or simplify the governance of section 75 arrangements to further support the commissioning of integrated care services.
|Consultation on Section 75|
|A few weeks ago, DHSC launched a consultation on proposed changes and ideas for improving how section 75 of the NHS Act 2006 is used. This is the legislation that enables the Better Care Fund and pooling arrangements between the NHS and Local Government – the route through which much of the various discharge funds have been allocated. The consultation closes tomorrow, 31st October. (Apologies this is late notice to complete but only recently become aware of the call for evidence).
- RCPA Online Workshop: Data Security Workshop – Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Thursday 30th November, 10.00-11.00hrs via TEAMS
With the increasing use of digital technology your staff will need access to mobile phones, tablets and computers to complete their work. What are the pros and cons of allowing staff to use their own devices vs employer provided devices. What should you consider when implementing BYOD.
To register for the event, please click here
- Skills for Care
Information and support from Skills for Care, please click here